FIVE REASONS WHY THE ADJUSTER IS STALLINGSteveL
Ask yourself why the adjuster is stalling. Then ask yourself if you had to pay someone money, would you be pushing the person you owe money to, to collect the debt you owe?
No, but there are other reasons and none of those reasons are helpful to you. Consider the downside to the people who were in an accident and who have the obligation to actually prove a claim.
NEGATIVES TO INJURED PEOPLE
Here is why the other-guy’s adjuster does not care about your or your claim.
- Evidence must be gathered and preserved by the injured person.
- The at-fault party has no duty to gather and to preserve your evidence.
- If you fail to gather and to preserve evidence, you lose. It’s that simple.
- There is the statute of limitations.
- Witnesses disappear.
- Cars in the collision get fixed, sold or crushed.
- Bruises, cuts and abrasions heal and cannot longer be photographed.
- In a case against the bar or tavern, notice must be given to the bar or tavern. No notice, no claim.
What most people don’t appreciate is how without a lawyer no one is protecting their rights. Not even their own insurance agent. Your insurance agent will never help their own insured, because it is not in their best interest to help. You are on your own.
As for the other guy’s insurance company. You are really on your own, because he wants you to not be able to prove your claim.
FIVE REASONS WHY THE ADJUSTER IS STALLING
- Adjusters stall to reduce your ability to have time to hire a lawyer.
- Adjusters stall to reduce the amount of time you have to investigate your accident.
- Adjusters stall in hopes evidence will disappear or be destroyed.
- Adjusters stall in order to force you to have no choice but to accept their low-ball offer.
- Adjusters stall because they can and do not represent you.
Hopefully you get it and are not listening to anyone telling you that you can represent yourself. But, if you choose to do it and it works, great. I just don’t think the odds are in your favor.
The Lombardi Law Firm follows the motor vehicle accidents all across Iowa. We have represented over a thousand accident victims in almost every county in Iowa. If you have a question about your personal injury accident, call Steve at 515-222-1110 or email him at firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact form
And no, it doesn’t cost you anything to call and just talk to us. Call to schedule a Zoom.